Alaska Conservation Foundation’s conservation internships are designed to provide interns with a meaningful learning experience while directly contributing to Alaska conservation issues. Internship placements can be at nonprofit conservation, environmental justice and Alaska Native organizations as well as government agencies and other interested organizations that have identified assignments complementing Alaska Conservation Foundation’s mission, values and goals.
Find a position
In 2022, ACF is offering 14 internships across Alaska. 2022 Ted Smith Conservation Internship Positions.
Internships are 12 weeks in length and will the end of May/beginning of June.
Alaska Conservation Foundation provides a grant to each host organization to cover an intern stipend of $6,000. Alaska Conservation Foundation will also reimburse intern travel costs to and from Alaska up to $1,200 for those with intern positions outside Anchorage, $1,000 for those in Anchorage.
Host Organizations will assist interns in finding low-cost housing for the summer, but interns are ultimately responsible for their own housing.
Alaska Conservation Foundation seeks applications from highly motivated individuals interested in furthering their education in conservation, environmental justice or closely related fields, who are willing to make a long-term commitment to preserving and protecting the pristine environment and diverse cultures of Alaska.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited college in the United States or abroad; a recent graduate of an accredited college in the United States or abroad or currently enrolled in a technical program.
- All students enrolled in an accredited college are eligible to apply, however, preference for internship placement is given to college juniors and seniors, recent college graduates and graduate students.
- International students are NOT eligible to apply unless you are currently enrolled at an academic institution in the United States and are eligible to work in the US.
- Alaska Conservation Foundation is an equal-opportunity organization.
How to apply
- ACF is currently accepting intern applications.
- The deadline for applications is February 17, 2022 at 10PM AKST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applications will be accepted through our online application system only.
- Applications must include the following: cover letter, resume, transcript and two letters of recommendation. It is preferred that you upload your letters of reference into the online application, but you may also have them sent directly to email@example.com in PDF form.
- To apply, click here. New users will need to click “Create New Account.”
- Have questions? Please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Successful candidates must coordinate directly with their schools to obtain course credit for their work.