Supporting grassroots organizations
The Discovery Grants program provides grant awards to Alaska-based grassroots organizations in order to foster a more effective and sustainable conservation movement through funding to strengthen its leadership base, encourage collaboration and help leaders and organizations navigate changing political and economic climates.
Discovery Grants range from $500 to $2,000.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed every two months.
Applicants to the Discovery Grants Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit organization engaged in conservation advocacy
- Be based in Alaska, or have an Alaska-based program
- If a current Alaska Conservation Foundation grantee, be in good standing with required grant reports
- Projects must be engaged in Alaska conservation and aligned with Alaska Conservation Foundation priorities
- Preference will be given to organizations with annual operating budgets under $200,000
Applicants are highly encouraged to review the Discovery Grant Program Guidelines before starting an application.
To apply, click here.
For helpful hints for using our online application system, click here.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org