Supporting grassroots organizations
The Discovery Grants program provides grant awards to Alaska-based grassroots organizations in order to foster a more effective and sustainable conservation movement through funding to strengthen its leadership base, encourage collaboration and help leaders and organizations navigate changing political and economic climates.
Discovery Grants range from $500 to $2,000.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed every two months.
Applicants to the Discovery Grants Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit organization engaged in conservation advocacy
- Be based in Alaska, or have an Alaska-based program
- If a current Alaska Conservation Foundation grantee, be in good standing with required grant reports
- Projects must be engaged in Alaska conservation and aligned with Alaska Conservation Foundation priorities
- Preference will be given to organizations with annual operating budgets under $400,000
Applicants are highly encouraged to review then Discovery Grant Program Guidelines before starting an application.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, click here.
For helpful hints for using our online application system, click here.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com