Alaska Conservation Foundation > How You Can Help > Ratings
For over 30 years, ACF has been a charity you can count on!
- Better Business Bureau: ACF meets all 20 BBB standards for charity accountability and is a seal holder. The BBB Wise Giving Alliance helps donors make informed giving decisions and advances high standards of conduct among organizations that solicit contributions from the public.
- Charity Navigator: ACF currently maintains a 3-star rating. Charity Navigator is a national service evaluating and rating charities of all types in order to help givers ensure they are donating to effective organizations.
- CharityWatch: Awards ACF an “A-” rating as one of the nation’s top rated environmental nonprofits. CharityWatch—founded more than 20 years ago as the American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP)— is a nationally prominent charity watchdog service whose purpose is to help donors make informed giving decisions. ACF continues to receive high ratings from this charity watch organization for maximizing the performance of every donation.
- GuideStar: Recognizes ACF as a valued partner in the Guidestar exchange.
- Green Star: ACF receives a Green Star Award for demonstrating strong environmental and business ethics by implementing the eight Green Star Standards. These Standards encourage waste reduction, recycling, improved purchasing, outreach to other organizations, education of employees, reduction of toxic materials, water conservation, and energy efficiency.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals: In 2002, the Alaska chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals declared ACF an Outstanding Foundation in Philanthropy. The Association of Fundraising Professionals is a nationwide professional association of individuals responsible for generating philanthropic support for a wide variety of nonprofit, charitable organizations.