On May 29th, the eleven members of our 2018 Ted Smith Conservation Internship Program began their summer internships. The interns joined us last week at the Alaska Conservation Foundation office in Anchorage for a fun three day orientation where they learned all about Alaska in preparation for the program.
The following organizations received grants from Alaska Conservation Foundation to host these interns this summer:
- Yukon River Inter-Tribal Watershed Council
- Sitka Conservation Society
- Cook Inletkeeper
- Southeast Alaska Conservation Council
- Alaska Center
- Alaska Longline Fishermen’s Association
- Kenai Watershed Forum
- Alaska Community Action on Toxics
- Discovery Southeast
- Alaska Marine Conservation Council
- Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies
To learn more about each of our interns and the work they will be doing, please click here. Stay tuned for updates on their accomplishments this summer!