Alaska Conservation Foundation > Community Capacity > Fostering Effective and Innovative Organizations
Fostering Effective and Innovative Organizations
To survive and thrive, organizations need to follow best practices and adapt to a changing environment.
This section provides resources to help your organization and leadership grow.
Resources – by Category
One Stop Shopping
The organizations below offer resources to address multiple capacity needs, from leadership development to advocacy.
- Foraker Group: Foraker Group is an Alaska-based capacity builder serving the nonprofit sector, offering workshops, targeted training for leaders, organization consulting, and educational resources.
- Fieldstone Alliance: Fieldstone Alliance develops and distributes user-friendly publications that help nonprofit, community, funders, government, and business leaders improve their communities.
- Society for Nonprofit Organizations: SNPO offers a huge inventory of online and hard copy articles addressing everything from leadership to nonprofit compliance. Annual membership required.
- Training Resources for the Environmental Community: TREC is focused on building the capacity of individuals, organizations, and alliances to achieve landscape scale conservation and biological integrity and diversity in western North America.
- Nonprofit Good Practice Guide
- Technical Assistance for Community Services: A nonprofit support organization offering training, consulting, and resources to help nonprofits throughout the Pacific Northwest strengthen their capacity to achieve their missions.
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services: Provides consulting and free resources in Executive transitions/succession planning, coaching, board development, finance, managing staff, and strategic planning.